SHRIMP AND MANGO PIZZA
- 6 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 7 ounces pizza dough or 7 ounces pizza crusts
- flour, for dusting
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 ripe mango, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 pinches red pepper flakes, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Slice the shrimp in half, lengthwise. Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp turn pink and form a “c” shape, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to suit your taste.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface on a 10 inch round, or us a pre-packaged Boboli pizza crust. Place the crust onto a parchment line baking sheet. Spread the sauce onto the pizza, leaving the edges clean for a crust to form.
- Put half of the cheese on top and spread the shrimp evenly over the pizza. Then add the mango slices, red onion, red bell pepper, and yellow bell pepper evenly on the top.
- Sprinkle the pizza with the red pepper flakes and top with the remaining cheese. Bake the pizza for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and slightly brown.
- Serve immediately with more red pepper flakes sprinkled on top.