MANGO & CHICKEN SUMMER SALAD
With strawberries, cucumber, pickled red onion, rocket and buttermilk dressing
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cucumber
- 150g strawberries
- 60g packet rocket or baby spinach
- 30g fresh mint leaves
- 500g cooked chicken, either chicken breast or leftover rotisserie chicken
- Red onion, pickled
- ½ cup (125 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- ¾ tablespoon smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Arrange rocket leaves on a platter with the cucumber, mango, strawberries and chicken. Scatter over the mint leaves.
- To make the dressing place all the ingredients in a screw top jar and shake well to combine.
- Serve the salad with the dressing and some crusty bread.