WHOLESOME BANANA & MANGO BREAKFAST MUFFINS
2 cups whole-wheat flour
1 cup self raising flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup mashed bananas (approx 2 large bananas)
1 cup mango, diced (fresh/tinned)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and gradually add into mixture.
- Drizzle mango and banana with lemon juice, and add to muffin mixture.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin and serve.