MANGO & QUINOA BUDDHA BOWL
Great for meal prep, picnics or parties!
3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
1 ½ cups water
1 bunch kale, stems removed and very finely diced
1 cup seedless green grapes, halved
½ English cucumber, diced
80g sugar snap peas
2 large mangoes, pitted and diced
¼ cup walnuts, toasted
For lemon basil dressing:
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¼ cup olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon honey (or agave nectar)
4 - 6 large basil leaves, very finely diced
Freshly ground salt and black pepper, to taste
- First, cook the quinoa: Add quinoa and water to a medium pot and place over high heat; bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, remove from heat, fluff quinoa with a fork and transfer quinoa to a large bowl to cool down.
- To make dressing: place olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Dijon, honey (or substitute agave syrup for beans), basil, and salt and pepper in blender. Pulse for 10 - 15 seconds; set aside. You can also whisk in a small bowl if you don't have a blender (just make sure your basil is very finely chopped).
- In large bowl add the kale and pour half of the dressing over. Use clean hands to massage the kale for about 3 minutes or until it breaks down. This allows the kale to take on the dressing flavors.
- Next add in quinoa, cucumber, grapes, sugar snap peas, and remaining lemon vinaigrette; toss so that the salad is fully coated.
- 5. Sprinkle toasted walnuts over the top and serve.